Monday, April 11, 2011

Professional Equestrian!

Hello, friends! I'm feeling much better about the whole Gina situation than I did last week; while I am still upset at the university's actions, I finally got answers about what spurred this policy overhaul and have the support of many friends who want to make sure I am able to give Miss G the loving home she deserves. So while I still don't own the horse, I feel confident that I'll be able to buy her at an auction for a reasonable price.

Onto happier news: my services as a rider have recently been retained on a professional basis! I was contacted by a gentleman in North Carolina who will be showing a mule this weekend in Tulsa and needed an English rider to show the animal in a few hunt seat classes. Although I am primarily a three-day eventer (and sometimes polo player), I did compete in hunters on an NCAA equestrian team for three years. I'm a bit nervous about the horse show, but the mule's owner seemed very nice and told me he wouldn't be upset if we had an off day. The mule has won a number of titles, so I think it will be a pretty easy ride (and a great way to earn some extra cash!). I hope he'll be satisfied with my services and recommend me to all of his friends showing horses in Tulsa!

After the show, I'm heading out do to a little fundraiser PR with my boss. We're going on a trail ride in Stillwater, Oklahoma! I'm taking one of the program horses, but I have to decide which one! I can't take my favorite, Roscoe, since he's not owned by the university. I'm thinking of riding Sabir, a elderly Arabian gelding, or Speck, a world champion American Quarter Horse. Decisions, decisions!! I'm so lucky to have such a fun job.

No comments:

Post a Comment