Thursday, December 23, 2010

Chromium

Hello, everyone, and sorry for the lack of posts lately! Last weekend was very busy for Johnny & me, as we were in Texas celebrating Christmas with his family. This week has been very quiet, but I have been busy with a very exciting project- Google's Cr-48. It's a notebook that runs Chromium, Google's brand-new operating system. I've been selected as part of their pilot program and am currently testing out one of the notebooks. I know it's not a great excuse for not blogging, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Haha!

For those of you that are curious, the Cr-48 is very nice- it's lightweight, fast, and extremely easy to use, especially if you already use the Google Chrome browser. It can connect to the web through wifi or on Verizon's 3G network. The best part about it is that it only does web, so there's no clunky programs slowing it down. This would be a problem if I didn't already use the cloud/a flash drive to store all of my files. Fortunately, the notebook makes accessing and using things like Google Docs, Picasa, and Evernote (where all of my documents and pictures live) a snap. Web-based apps provide games, image editing, and chat applications; it does almost everything a normal PC or Mac can do. I am really excited about it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment