Friday, December 3, 2010

ICE: A Charlie Brown Christmas

As I mentioned before, Johnny's family invited me along to see ICE at the Gaylord Texan hotel. It was a fabulous exhibit: dozens of elaborate sculptures carved from over 2 million pounds of solid ice! This year's theme was "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and it featured all of the "Peanuts" characters (except Woodstock; I didn't see him anywhere!). The exhibit was kept at a cool 4 degrees F, so we were all bundled up in giant, hotel-provided parkas. (Sexy!)  We had a lot of fun and one of Johnny's aunts took a TON of pictures of us- I'll be sure to post those when I get them, but in the meantime, enjoy my pics from ICE: A Charlie Brown Christmas!

Decorations in the waiting area.
Even the nutcrackers had a Texan flair!
Snowman in the waiting area.



SLIDES! These were so much fun to go down. This room also looked like a rave.






Beautiful, totally-unrelated-to-Peanuts nativity scene at the very end.

1 comment: