Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cookies

Johnny made some delicious chocolate chip cookies last night; they're soft and just a little bit chewy and filled with giant chocolate chunks. Mmm. He has a very specific and detailed recipe from Cook's Illustrated, which is great if you have all the ingredients on hand and the time to make the cookies. I prefer to do my baking with as little measuring and as few ingredients as possible; that's why I love this recipe for Cake Mix Cookies. My darling friend Greer shared it with me a few years ago and they've been my go-to ever since! They're extra-easy, so they're fantastic for those of us who aren't the best bakers or for kids who want to help out. And they're universally loved.

Cake Mix Cookies

  • 1 box yellow cake mix 
  • 8 oz pkg chocolate chip 
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, butter, and eggs in medium bowl. Mix until smooth. Add chocolate chips. Drop dough balls approximately 1" in size onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden. 

I like to replace plain old chocolate chips with other varieties- white chocolate chips, caramel chips, mint chocolate chips- you can go crazy! Some combinations I've enjoyed include white chocolate chips & caramel, dark chocolate chips with dried raspberries, chocolate chips with pecans, and chocolate & peanut butter chips. They're all delicious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment