Saturday, September 18, 2010

Flower Pots

For ages I've wanted a pretty windowsill herb garden. I adore fresh herbs- I use them frequently when cooking, they look beautiful, and it is so much less expensive to grow them than buy them. A few weeks ago, I bought some seeds (basil, rosemary, and parsley) along with pots in which to plant them. The pots are basic terra cotta, and I thought it would be fun to brighten them up with some paint! I chose white and two shades of blue; our kitchen is a warm orange-red color, but a piece of orange, white, and royal blue stained glass runs along the top of our cabinets. I really wanted to bring more of the wonderful royal blue into the kitchen since the orange can be overwhelming (our sink is also orange!). I think my pots came out perfectly!


Aren't they fabulous? There are two more pots which need to be painted, but Johnny has volunteered to explore his artistic side and decorate them. I'm excited to see how they come out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment