Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Goals

After a very busy and exciting week, I am back to regular blogging. Hooray! Last week, I visited with my friend Kim and her husband Kevin; it was great to see them. Kim and I rode horses together years ago and have remained friends. They were in Tulsa for a wedding, and Johnny and I spent the evening watching the UT vs. UNC game. We had a fun time even though the Vols lost. The very next day it was off to Texas to pick up my new car- a 2010 Subaru Forester. I am sooo happy with it! Really, though, I am just happy to have a car and not have Johnny drive me everywhere. I start my new job at RSU next week, which is very exciting. I'll be working with Bit by Bit, their therapeutic riding program. Yay!

2011 has been a very good year so far (4 whole days in! haha!), and I have some goals in mind to keep it going strong.

  1. Exercise at least 4 times per week. I haven't been very good about exercising regularly over the last couple of years. In college, I was kept busy by kickboxing and equestrian sports, but since graduating, I haven't done much of anything! I feel icky, and that's why I'm shooting for a much fitter 2010! I'm off to a good start- I've hit the gym and the trails every day this year so far. ;) 
  2. Save $20 per paycheck. Saving money is something I'm not great at either. Instead of saving money from paychecks, I'm apt to splurge on clothes or beauty products or stationary. $20 per paycheck is a ridiculously small amount, but over the course of a year, it will add up to over $500! That's enough for a real shopping spree or a mini vacation somewhere fun. 
  3. Blog 3 times a week or more. I like writing- even if no one is reading! Blogging forces me to sit down, think, and get creative. Plus, it's fun. :)
  4. Do something fun in Tulsa at least once a month. I feel like I don't get out and visit my new city nearly often enough! This year, I want to see an event at the BOK center, catch a local sports team's game, visit a museum, or try some new restaurants. Once a month is reasonable, given our distance from the city and budget restraints. (Can't be doing something awesome every day!)
  5. Send cards for friends' birthdays. I took the time to record every close friend's birthday in my planner; now it's time to put that to use! I know I'd love to receive a card over a text or Facebook post- I'm sure my friends would too. :)
What are your goals or resolutions for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment