Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year, New Job!

Today was the first day of my new job with a therapeutic equine program right here in the Tulsa area! I am impossibly excited about it. Horses have always been my passion; I've been riding since I was a very small child (my mom took me on a trail ride when I was just 6 months old and I was given a pony to take riding lessons on at age 4) and have continued my equestrian activities through my life. I competed in three-day events on the weekends in high school and rode my on college's NCAA hunt seat team. Even when I moved to Kansas, I found a way to stay involved through playing polo. Now I've been hired on as an assistant for this program that teaches individuals with disabilities how to care for and ride horses!

I love everything about this job- my superiors are knowledgeable, the horses are wonderful, and the program participants are great. I'm most excited to start working with a Thoroughbred mare that needs to be sold. She's a talented hunter/jumper that really doesn't fit well with the program's needs, but would be fantastic for a competitive rider. Riding horses is my very favorite activity in the entire world, and now I'm getting paid to do it! What a fanastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment