Sunday, March 13, 2011

66ers Saturday

Now that I have Saturdays off, Johnny and I have more opportunities to do fun stuff like catch Tulsa 66ers basketball games. Both of us are NBA fans and it's nice to have a D-League team nearby. Tickets are always inexpensive, the level of play is much better than what you'd see at a college game, and the mix of athletes makes for interesting games.

Last night, the 66ers faced the Sioux Falls Skyforce. There were a lot of exciting plays from Tulsa- impressive dunks from Jerome Dyson, Latavious Williams, and BJ Mullens. The Skyforce didn't disappoint, either, with Patrick Ewing, Jr. laying down slams and Raymond Sykes sinking some shots. It was a foul-filled contest, though, which made the first and third quarters drag. The 66ers were victorious in the end, winning 115-100 and bringing their record to an excellent 29-11.

We splurged and got $15 seats (haha!) and had a fantastic view. Unfortunately, we were also in prime real estate for the audience-obsessed camera guy. Johnny and I were on the big screen twice! Eek! I would have worn something better than my black Patagonia fleece if I'd know that would happen. We had a good time, though, and I hope we can catch another game before the season ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment