Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Adorable Buttons

I'm really a cat person. That isn't to say I dislike dogs; I just don't have much experience with them. Growing up, we always had several cats in and out of the house and the barn, but only one dog. That dog died when I was 13, and was never really replaced. I acquired cats of my own in college and took two of them with me when I moved to Kansas. I like cats. They're good company, don't smell, are neat, and manage to snuggle without salivating. 

After about a month of living with a puppy, I'm not sure if I'm much more of a dog person. They're so much more involved: feeding them at regularly scheduled intervals, taking them out for bathroom breaks, having to amuse them. Add in chewing shoes, smelling wretched even after a bath, and an obsession for face and toe licking, and I don't know why anyone owns dogs. 


Oh, yes. That's why. They're terribly adorable, generally happy to see you, silly to the point of endearment, and just plain nice. But still rather smelly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment