Sunday, October 17, 2010

Book List

A while ago, I downloaded Barnes & Noble's nook application for my Android phone; I would rather read than play games or constantly check Twitter while lounging or waiting in line! I downloaded a few free books (mostly classics, like Pride & Prejudice, The Three Musketeers, and Dracula) but they've gone unread for the most part. I have been reading John Muir's Travels In Alaska for the last few weeks (wonderful evening reading!) but always forget to take books with me to work. (I have lots of time to read when work is very slow- ah, exciting hotel life!) I downloaded a nook app to my work computer and have been putting it to good use lately. I just breezed through True Prep today (such a fun read!!), so more books are in order. I've been scouring bargains at B&N's website, and here's what I'm adding to my reading list:


  • The Mountains of California by John Muir- love John Muir's writing on nature, and this is a steal at $.99!
  • The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume I by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle- I enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes books as a teenager and I feel like now is a great time to revisit them, especially for only $1.99.
  • Age Of Innocence by Edith Wharton- a class I've been meaning to read for a while. I'm going to start on this tonight! (Another $1.99 find!)
What are you reading these days? Any recommendations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment