Monday, October 18, 2010

Menu Monday

It's a busy week around here between work, winter garden prep, and pool closing, but I managed to put together the perfect menu of cook-ahead or quick dishes with just one little snag. You see, for tomorrow, I planned on making a perfectly delicious hot-and-sour soup with a recipe from Martha's Everyday Food; it's a favorite of mine. But Johnny and I searched high and low (well, two grocery stores in our tiny town) for tofu and shiitake mushrooms and couldn't find them! I wasn't altogether surprised about the tofu- I mean, we do live in a very small down in Oklahoma. I was really disappointed about the shiitakes though! I've found them  before at our favorite store, but this week it was nothing but portabellos and button mushrooms. Urgh! I suppose it's for the best; Johnny cooked chicken fried steak & mashed potatoes last night and with tonight's leftovers, we could probably eat for a week!

Menu for October 18-22
  • Monday: Lasagna (constructed ahead of time; just needs to be baked when Johnny gets home!)
  • Tuesday: Leftovers (glamorous, I know!)
  • Wednesday: Tortilla and black bean pie
  • Thursday: Chili (Johnny's recipe makes sooo much; we'll have plenty left for the weekend.)
  • Friday: Spaghetti with lemon-garlic sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment