Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Potential Moves!

Johnny and I have been doing a little job hunting lately, trying to find jobs in our respective fields in a new city. It isn't that we don't like where we live- well, I am not crazy about small-town Oklahoma, haha!- but a change would be nice. While Tulsa is a wonderful city full of nice people, interesting activities, stellar restaurants, and lots of things to do, it's still a half-hour drive. This might not seem like much, but with nothing but fields inbetween, it makes a trip to the city quite a production! So we've been looking around in new places and applying to new jobs. Here are a few of the cities we could end up in:


Boulder, CO

via
This is easily my favorite! Boulder has it all- gorgeous mountains, access to a plethora of outdoor activities (including one of my favorites, whitewater rafting!), plus good shopping, restaurants, and cultural activities. It's also just a few miles from Denver, which has a lot going on in the sports department. Fun!

Honolulu, HI
via
A surprising number of jobs in my field exist in Hawaii, and I would love to experience living there. Beaches, volcanic mountains, and beautiful forests every day? Sign me up! My only fear is that it would get a little too touristy for my taste. 

Syracuse, NY
via
It might not seem glamorous, but Syracuse has a lot going for it! I was born there, and most of my family lives in New York. I'd be close to the family vacation home, too, which would make summering very easy. Besides that, Syracuse is an old, interesting city with plenty of art galleries, museums, restaurants, and parks.

Lexington, KY
via
Ah, Lexington! I spent many summers eventing here and I can firmly say it's a marvelous town. Of course, it's an equestrian paradise- racing, ePublish Postventing, polo- it's amazing. In the city, you can find fine dining, ballet, shopping, and great college sports. It's also relatively close to where I grew up in Tennessee, so dropping home to see family and friends would be easy. And maybe I could just take up being a professional equestrian. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment