Sunday, November 28, 2010

Back in Action!

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! I had a marvelous time in Texas, meeting Johnny's extended family and eating delicious food. Johnny's parents were so gracious and pleasant and his family was interesting and extremely nice. There were a few moments where I wasn't sure what to say or do- like when his grandfather, frustrated with the potato peeler, exclaimed "damn liberal potatoes!" or when his young cousin asked "are you my cousin now?"- but overall, the experience was a very positive one.

While in Texas, we were so busy there wasn't much of a chance to do anything! Johnny left his Six Flags season pass at home and the only things we managed to do were see the Ice exhibit at the Gaylord Texan and catch a late showing of Morning Glory at the movies. (This movie was terrible, by the way.) The Ice exhibit featured the whole cast of Peanuts characters carved from ice- specifically, it was scenes from A Charlie Brown Christmas. I'll post pictures tomorrow- tonight I'm still recovering from a very long week!

No comments:

Post a Comment